Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies depositing and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's study these. Thus, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you'd like to run a weblog, email aliases, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular firms, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally distorted explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the workload between separate packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous number of pictures with pals or associates since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mail address accounts. Some providers offer web space hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to own an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many video files as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a website. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content solely.